How good is your website?
We’ve spent a lot of time talking about individual components of your website such as home pages, responsive design, SEO and landing pages and we also gave you a spring clean checklist. So now that we’re heading towards the end of the year, it’s about time to evaluate how good your website really is. Perhaps find some things to add to your New Year’s resolutions for your website. Use these questions to evaluate your website, by summing up a lot of other things that we’ve talked you through before:
- Is your website responsive? There is no excuse, we’ve harped on about this enough times.
- Does your website quickly explain your business? Is it clear for people to understand what you offer, how you offer it and for how much? If not, get reorganising your pages and re-writing your content.
- Are you acing social media on your website? Make sure you have social media share buttons, comments sections if relevant and include links (and possibly even snippets) to your social media channels so that you make the most of these opportunities.
- Is your website converting well? Are you even tracking this, if not then you should be. And if it’s not converting well then you need to look at what’s not working and what can be improved.
- Do you show customer testimonials? 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making their final decision so make finding these easy for them.
- Does your site look pretty? And not in a vain way – clear, clean design means that the customer is less likely to leave your website quickly, so make sure it’s pleasing on the eye.
The easiest way to judge this is often to get a fresh eye to look over the website and answer these questions for you. Choose someone who will be honest with you and won’t just try to say what they think you want to hear, you want someone who will be critical and who acts like a potential customer would so that you can judge for sure whether or not what you have works. Because if they can’t find a single thing that could be improved on then it’s usually too good to be true. If you can’t find that special person then give us a shout and we can help you out: firstname.lastname@example.org